Pure Insight – Best Practice Models for Care Experienced Young People
October 26 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
About this event
We will kick off with a summary of findings from our recent evaluation examining the impact we have on young people, volunteers and the local authorities we work alongside – presented by Dr Claire Baker.
Followed by a series of sessions presented by the Pure Insight Team, Young People and Volunteers – sharing our successful best practice models for care experienced young people.
- Mentoring (long term community based) – ‘somebody just for me’
- Insightful Parenting – supporting care experienced young parents to thrive
- Mental Health – outreach psychological well-being support and counselling service
- Peer support/Participation/Group Activities – drop in cafe’s, outdoor challenge activities
Finally – a session to understand the local authorities perspective around the benefits of working in partnership with Pure Insight;
- Deborah Woodcock – Director of Operations-Stockport Family and Principal Social Worker
- Jeanette Warburton – Principal Lead (Social Care and Commissioning)
- Karen Bazell – Leaving Care Team Leader – Stockport Family
- Steve Nevitt – Service Manager Resources – Cheshire East Council
Ending with a Q&A session with the Pure Insight Team, Young People, Volunteers and Local Authority Representatives.