BrisDoc Healthcare Services:
BrisDoc are a proud provider of NHS Healthcare who have been passionately delivering ‘Patient Care, by People who Care’ for over 20 years. We run an extensive range of Primary Care Services. This enables BrisDoc to offer excellent healthcare 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to over 1 million patients across Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire. We are also, an employee owned, Social Enterprise. This means the decisions we make, are for the good of our patients, people and wider community as a whole.
At BrisDoc we believe that being in care should not disadvantage anyone, and that all parts of society have a responsibility to support care leavers so that they can make a successful transition to adulthood. We recognise the challenges that young people face when they leave the care system and begin to live independently. Therefore, BrisDoc has signed the Care Leaver’s Covenant, and makes the offer outlined below, to help improve care leaver’s life chances by widening their access to, and supporting their success in, employment.
- We will share appropriate vacancies with the Care Leaver Covenant, so they can be advertised on their website, app and social accounts.
- We will network with local charities and organisations to understand how BrisDoc can support care leavers in the local community.
- Throughout the application process, care leavers can contact our People Team for guidance.
- In line with our offer to all internal applicants, we will offer interview preparation support if required.
- We will cover BrisDoc’s Care Leaver Offer with all colleagues involved in the recruitment process, to ensure they are aware of our commitments, and the recruitment support care leavers may need.
- We will offer a guaranteed interview, as well as constructive feedback, to applicants who identify as care experienced and meet the minimum criteria for the role.
- We will reimburse travel expenses for care leavers to attend an interview.
- We are implementing an applicant tracking system, which will be used by all areas of the business, to allow us to better track the progress of care leaver applicants.
- We will review our care leaver applicant information on an annual basis to investigate how we can better engage and support applications from care leavers.
- We will assign a workplace buddy to our care leaver employees to provide informal support and guidance.
- We have a coaching offer within BrisDoc, which can provide offer further support to care leaver employees.
- All employees have an annual Performance and Development Review, where managers work in conjunction with colleagues to set SMART objectives. Managers will ensure that the objectives provide the right level of challenge for care leavers.
- Managers will help care leavers create a personal development plan which enables them to meet their agreed objectives and improve their ability to meet the requirements of their role.
- Managers will also have regular 1:1 check-ins with care leavers to ensure they are adequately supported.
- All salaried employees have equal opportunities to access both statutory and mandatory training courses
- We will work with care leaver to improve their employability and career skills, as well as further development training courses which employees can request to be subsidised by BrisDoc. This will allow our care leavers to enhance their skills and improve the service provided to our patients and colleagues.
- We have a well-established wellbeing offer within BrisDoc which can support care leavers in both their home and work life. Our key offers include access to free telephone, online and counselling support from our Employee Assistance Programme and Mindful Employer, 1:1 signposting support from our wellbeing leads, Occupational Health, and much more.
- As part of their induction, care leavers will be offered free, independent financial advice and guidance.
- We provide up to 5 days (pro rata) paid special leave which would support care leavers if they experience unexpected / emergency situations.