Catch22 is a social enterprise that designs and delivers services that build resilience and aspiration in people of all ages and within communities across the UK. We deliver a range of programmes covering Justice, Young People and Communities, Education, Vocational Training and Employability.
We run the National Leaving Care Benchmarking forum with over 125 local authority leaving care teams, working together to share good practice & improve services & support for care experienced young people. The National Leaving Care Benchmarking Forum (NLCBF) works closely with the Care Leaver Covenant to:
- Co-host the Education, Training & Employment Network for sharing good practice among professionals working with young people leaving care.
- Promote the Care Leaver Covenant to local authority leaving care professionals via NLCBF events and members’ website.
- Promote the Care Leaver Covenant to care experienced young people through our Young People’s Benchmarking Forum (YPBMF) events and through the YPBMF website pages.
Catch22 provides employment opportunities for those with experience of care across our organisation through:
- Providing guaranteed interviews for applicants who are care experienced and meet the essential criteria of job vacancies advertised by Catch22.
- Offering enhanced support offer to new employees who are care experienced, including the offer of a mentor. Enhanced awareness training, provided through the National Leaving Care Benchmarking Forum, will ensure managers and volunteer mentors are able to understand and meet care leavers needs.
- Targeted development and promotion of apprenticeship opportunities across Catch22 to care experienced young people promoted through the Care Leavers Covenant and National Leaving Care Benchmarking Forum.