Looking to start a career in health and social care?
Start a rewarding career in health and social care. Fairway Homecare have worked in partnership with Embark’s Learning Care Academy’s training programme, My Care Portfolio, to offer a unique and exciting programme to assist in finding you a care position.
The 3-week full-time accredited pre-employability programme is completely free of charge for care leavers. We have courses running every month at various locations across the West Midlands. Be part of ‘Project 1000’ which will see over 80 professionals per month being recruited, trained and developed to boost the health and social care sector with new skills, best practice and a fresh caring attitude.
The programme will result in the following training courses and qualifications to make you fully compliant to work under CQC Regulations:
- Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Level 1 Award in Digital Skills
- Time Management
- Emergency First Aid
- Food Safety
- Equality & Diversity
- Duty of Care
- Role of the Social Care Worker
- Personal Centred Approaches
- Personal Development
- Dementia Fluids & Nutrition
- Personal Care
- End of Life
- Mental Health Awareness
- Moving & Handling
You will be offered a guaranteed interview with Fairway Homecare, which can lead to a permanent role upon satisfactory completion of the course and there are numerous local roles available.
Eligibility for My Care Portfolio:
- Need to be 19 years of age as of 30th August 2021
- Living in the UK for a minimum of 3 years
- Resident in the West Midlands
- The duration of the course will be 3 weeks, Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 4:30pm