Vacancies in South Moulton and Minehead, with great starting salaries of around £17,500
Are you interested in working in healthcare but don’t have the experience or qualifications?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team and gain experience and professionally accredited training, that will start you off on your carer within healthcare.
Initially working as a Healthcare Assistant/Support Worker, you will be enrolled onto a formal government approved apprenticeship training scheme, that will support you to develop right up to a graduate level, all whilst earning an industry leading salary!
Herros – We are a government-approved training agency that hires high-quality individuals passionate about the health care sector, on accredited professional training programmes, to support and work with our partner employers.
Adult Care Worker Level 2, Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3, Level 4 and Level 5.
About the job
As a specialist Healthcare Assistant/Support Worker, you will provide essential care and support to adults who live with a range of healthcare and mental health needs. Working on-site with one of our partner employers, you will be fully trained and inducted into their business and then registered onto a formal professional training course, in line with the government-approved modern apprenticeship schemes.
80% of your time will be spent directly working within your role, with the other 20% of your time being dedicated to formal on the job training, as well as classroom-based training.
- Assisting with key health and support provision functions,
- Administering medication, pain relief and various domestic and healthcare needs.
- Support service users to interact with their families, the local community and enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives.
- Assist service users in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical and emotional) ensuring their comfort, dignity and independence are maintained
- Maintain personal standards of hygiene and promote universal precautions to limit cross infection
- Assist clients who have limited mobility, or physical/learning difficulties, making the best use of aids provided
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required
You will form an integral part of the Herros team in this varied and rewarding role, delivering person-centred care in accordance with personalised care requirements that enable all service users to maximise their potential and live the fullest lives possible.
Once you have completed your formal qualification, you will be transferred permanently to our partner employer’s business, where you will embark on the next stages of your career in care. The sky is the limit, within a profession where you really can make a positive difference to the lives of others.
The benefits of working with Herros ATA Limited:
- Industry leading salaries, comparable with full time qualified workers in similar positions.
- Criminal record (DBS) check refunded after an initial period
- Free uniform.
- Free welcome pack.
- Recommend a friend scheme.
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download timesheets and receive payslips
- One-to-one mentoring and support from a dedicated team manager.
- One-to-one mentoring and support from a dedicated training team, delivering your professional qualification.
- Long term work placements.
- Ongoing training and professional development in line with your chosen profession.
Salary – starting at circa £17,500