Featured Signatory Offer Details
Dreams Come True
Dreams Come True is a national charity that works to enrich the lives of children and young people with serious and life-limiting conditions aged between 2 and 21 years old. Granting a dream can help a child or young person to think beyond their illness or disability and focus on something positive and empowering. The experience creates amazing memories for the entire family, which have a lasting impact on everyone involved. For some their dream is a once in a lifetime holiday or experience, for others it is to simply enjoy everyday activities, so we provide specialist items such as disability trikes, wheelchair swings, sensory equipment and technology.
We are looking for volunteers who can get involved as fundraisers and researchers for our Hidden Communities project. This project focussed on children and young people aged between 2 and 18 who are living with a life limiting illness in area of high deprivation in Manchester.
This is a brand new project so there is flexibility around the roles. It could be being part of a fundraising group in charge of collecting donation, it could be working from home and researching opportunities for charity of the year partnerships.
This opportunity would suit:
- Those wanting to gain experience in the charity sector
- Those wanting to gain experience in events organising
- Those wanting to work within a team
- Those wanting to help fulfil dreams for children and young people with serious and life-limiting conditions
- Those wanting to develop team working and communication skills
Benefits to you:
- All travel expenses are paid for
- Full training is given
- If you are fundraising in the community or at an event for four hours or more you will be entitled to your lunch paid for up to £5.
- After you have completed 25 volunteer hours you will be entitled to a LinkedIn Endorsement from the charity
- After you have completed 50 volunteer hours you will be entitle to a reference from the charity
- Meeting and working with new people
- Adding to your CV and gaining more experience
- Making a genuine difference to your local community as well as children and young people