Featured Signatory Offer Details
Liverpool John Moores University
- A dedicated member of staff to provide information, advice and support on all aspects of student life to care-experienced students who are considering or currently studying at the University.
- Access to all-year round accommodation in an LJMU-partner hall (including providing support to care leavers who face difficulty in providing a deposit or guarantor to secure LJMU partner accommodation).
- Additional financial support through an annual, non-repayable bursary of £1,000 for each year of a student’s undergraduate course.
- A bespoke package of support to meet individual students’ needs including support with academic skills, liaising with academic departments and mentoring.
- Acting as an advocate or liaison with local authority Care Leaving teams to ensure joined-up and consistent approaches to support.
- Providing a range of bespoke aspiration and attainment-raising activities through the University’s Outreach team to looked after young people in local schools and colleges, including campus visits and mentoring;
- Supporting potential students to attend University Open Days and other admissions events through the dedicated member of staff for care leavers;
- Providing priority places for Looked After Young People at LJMU outreach events including the LJMU Summer University;
- Using contextual admissions data to inform potential offers made to care leavers applying to study at LJMU;
- Offering a priority interview for the Student Advocate role;
- Ensuring that Care Leavers have the opportunity to develop their academic skills through the University’s Academic Achievement team;
- Providing access to appropriate careers and work-related advice and guidance through the University’s Careers Team, including access to University internships and specific activities to prepare students for the world of work or further study, post-graduation;
Taking Up This Offer
This support can be accessed at any time through LJMU Student Advice and Wellbeing Services.
Contact Phil Bakstad on 0151 231 3149, by email at ku.ca1560977157.umjl1560977157@dats1560977157kaB.P1560977157 or using the online contact form.