Featured Signatory Offer Details
Liverpool John Moores University
How we’ve come to collaborate with leading care leaver charities and other voluntary organisations across the country. Organisations that sign up to the Covenant make ‘offers’ of support relating to education, employment, training, housing, security, health, financial...
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, in partnership with Haringey Young Adults Service, is offering a series of ‘independent living workshops’ to prepare care leavers for life as tenants. Tottenham Hotspur Foundation Since 2006, Tottenham Hotspur Foundation has been the...
St Basils promotes best practice in leaving care and offers a range of services to help care leavers with accommodation, skills training, housing crisis management and personal-and-social development. Background St Basils is the largest agency in the West Midlands...
ENGIE contacted job centres, local schools & colleges in the Stockport area where we are working on Elisabeth Gardens to work collaboratively with Engie on a number of initiatives.
This film is brought to you by LifeSkills created with Barclays, in conjunction with City of Wolverhampton Children and Young People’s Service.
This is a short animation which depicts the care journey of our first Care Leaver Covenant ambassador. Told through Ryan’s eyes, this narrative charts his route through care, detailing some of his difficulties – the ups and downs, but also what it means to have a...
Pure Insight is a charity, working alongside leaving care teams in Stockport, Trafford and Cheshire East, to provide networking, mentoring, parental support, mental-health support, and a range of other support services for care leavers. BackgroundPure Insight was...
Partners Barnardo’s and Saint-Gobain, supported by Barking & Dagenham College and Phoenix Housing, are offering care leavers a ‘dry-lining’ traineeship programme to help fill skills gaps for construction employers. BackgroundBarnardo’s is the UK’s...
Kier is working with employers in its supply chain, local authorities and charities to provide training and work experience for care leavers, ex-offenders and other under-represented groups in order to fill local, construction-industry skills gaps across the country....
A partnership of 12 colleges and universities in West Yorkshire that offers enhanced support and various programmes to care leavers on their 'student journey' from school to higher education and into work. The PartnershipGo Higher West Yorkshire (GHWY) is a regional...
Widening care leavers access to the University through information, advice and providing practical support to care leavers while they are studying at the University.
- A dedicated member of staff to provide information, advice and support on all aspects of student life to care-experienced students who are considering or currently studying at the University.
- Access to all-year round accommodation in an LJMU-partner hall (including providing support to care leavers who face difficulty in providing a deposit or guarantor to secure LJMU partner accommodation).
- Additional financial support through an annual, non-repayable bursary of £1,000 for each year of a student’s undergraduate course.
- A bespoke package of support to meet individual students’ needs including support with academic skills, liaising with academic departments and mentoring.
- Acting as an advocate or liaison with local authority Care Leaving teams to ensure joined-up and consistent approaches to support.
- Providing a range of bespoke aspiration and attainment-raising activities through the University’s Outreach team to looked after young people in local schools and colleges, including campus visits and mentoring;
- Supporting potential students to attend University Open Days and other admissions events through the dedicated member of staff for care leavers;
- Providing priority places for Looked After Young People at LJMU outreach events including the LJMU Summer University;
- Using contextual admissions data to inform potential offers made to care leavers applying to study at LJMU;
- Offering a priority interview for the Student Advocate role;
- Ensuring that Care Leavers have the opportunity to develop their academic skills through the University’s Academic Achievement team;
- Providing access to appropriate careers and work-related advice and guidance through the University’s Careers Team, including access to University internships and specific activities to prepare students for the world of work or further study, post-graduation;
Taking Up This Offer
This support can be accessed at any time through LJMU Student Advice and Wellbeing Services.
Contact Phil Bakstad on 0151 231 3149, by email at or using the online contact form.