Featured Signatory Offer Details
We Oaklands College will demonstrate our commitment to the care leaver covenant through the following actions:
• Giving care leavers priority status in decisions about access to services or support.
• Ensuring close partnership working with the Virtual School to provide cohesive and holistic support.
• Ensuring care leavers have information and support to access their bursary and provide additional support to reduce any barriers to learning.
• Ensuring care leavers are allocated support from our high support risk Adviser so progress is closely monitored and early support can be identified and provided.
• Providing care leavers with opportunities to enter the world of work, through work experience placements.
• Providing care leavers with additional welfare support through access to an allocated link Student Adviser.
• Providing additional support to help meet the costs of living independently at a young age, such as help with IT equipment.
• Providing care leavers with opportunities to broaden their horizons/experience new things though the ‘Outside the Box’ activities and events calendar.
• Ensure effective communication and timely interventions when required ensuring care leavers stay academically on track and achieve their full potential.
Taking Up This Offer
If you interested in this opportunity please contact us through ku.gr1566140808o.tna1566140808nevoc1566140808ym@of1566140808ni1566140808
For more information: www.oaklands.ac.uk/student-experience/iag