Featured Signatory Offer Details
Quantum Care Limited
How we’ve come to collaborate with leading care leaver charities and other voluntary organisations across the country. Organisations that sign up to the Covenant make ‘offers’ of support relating to education, employment, training, housing, security, health, financial...
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, in partnership with Haringey Young Adults Service, is offering a series of ‘independent living workshops’ to prepare care leavers for life as tenants. Tottenham Hotspur Foundation Since 2006, Tottenham Hotspur Foundation has been the...
St Basils promotes best practice in leaving care and offers a range of services to help care leavers with accommodation, skills training, housing crisis management and personal-and-social development. Background St Basils is the largest agency in the West Midlands...
ENGIE contacted job centres, local schools & colleges in the Stockport area where we are working on Elisabeth Gardens to work collaboratively with Engie on a number of initiatives.
This film is brought to you by LifeSkills created with Barclays, in conjunction with City of Wolverhampton Children and Young People’s Service.
This is a short animation which depicts the care journey of our first Care Leaver Covenant ambassador. Told through Ryan’s eyes, this narrative charts his route through care, detailing some of his difficulties – the ups and downs, but also what it means to have a...
Pure Insight is a charity, working alongside leaving care teams in Stockport, Trafford and Cheshire East, to provide networking, mentoring, parental support, mental-health support, and a range of other support services for care leavers. BackgroundPure Insight was...
Partners Barnardo’s and Saint-Gobain, supported by Barking & Dagenham College and Phoenix Housing, are offering care leavers a ‘dry-lining’ traineeship programme to help fill skills gaps for construction employers. BackgroundBarnardo’s is the UK’s...
Kier is working with employers in its supply chain, local authorities and charities to provide training and work experience for care leavers, ex-offenders and other under-represented groups in order to fill local, construction-industry skills gaps across the country....
A partnership of 12 colleges and universities in West Yorkshire that offers enhanced support and various programmes to care leavers on their 'student journey' from school to higher education and into work. The PartnershipGo Higher West Yorkshire (GHWY) is a regional...
This is a great opportunity to join the team at Quantum Care Ltd. and work towards a Level 2 Adult Care Worker qualification.
- Make a real difference to people’s lives and help older people feel valued and respected.
- Undertake a comprehensive development programme, including qualifications in Health and Social Care which will equip you to progress a career in the care sector.
- Work in a care home helping older people with physical and personal care.
- Help with residents social and recreational activities.
- After training, administer medication.
- Complete health related records.
- Possess good people and communication skills.
- Able to use feedback and learn from experience.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Physically able to carry out work involving moving and handling.
- Caring and compassionate.
- Committed to learning and want to develop your potential.
- Respectful of people’s rights.
- Hardworking, reliable and trustworthy.
- Good at problem solving, optimistic and outgoing.
This is a full time job and you will be working alternate weekends. You must be able to work both early shifts (usually starting at 7.30am) and late shifts (usually finishing at 9.30pm).
You will be working with people who have dementia and /or are physically frail.
Initially £6.50 per hour with review at 6 months. On successful completion of 50% of the apprenticeship and achievement of the dementia qualification, pay rises to £6.72 per hour. On successful completion you will become a Qualified Care Worker, currently paying £9.00 per hour.