Featured Signatory Offer Details
Salford City College
How we’ve come to collaborate with leading care leaver charities and other voluntary organisations across the country. Organisations that sign up to the Covenant make ‘offers’ of support relating to education, employment, training, housing, security, health, financial...
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, in partnership with Haringey Young Adults Service, is offering a series of ‘independent living workshops’ to prepare care leavers for life as tenants. Tottenham Hotspur Foundation Since 2006, Tottenham Hotspur Foundation has been the...
St Basils promotes best practice in leaving care and offers a range of services to help care leavers with accommodation, skills training, housing crisis management and personal-and-social development. Background St Basils is the largest agency in the West Midlands...
ENGIE contacted job centres, local schools & colleges in the Stockport area where we are working on Elisabeth Gardens to work collaboratively with Engie on a number of initiatives.
This film is brought to you by LifeSkills created with Barclays, in conjunction with City of Wolverhampton Children and Young People’s Service.
This is a short animation which depicts the care journey of our first Care Leaver Covenant ambassador. Told through Ryan’s eyes, this narrative charts his route through care, detailing some of his difficulties – the ups and downs, but also what it means to have a...
Pure Insight is a charity, working alongside leaving care teams in Stockport, Trafford and Cheshire East, to provide networking, mentoring, parental support, mental-health support, and a range of other support services for care leavers. BackgroundPure Insight was...
Partners Barnardo’s and Saint-Gobain, supported by Barking & Dagenham College and Phoenix Housing, are offering care leavers a ‘dry-lining’ traineeship programme to help fill skills gaps for construction employers. BackgroundBarnardo’s is the UK’s...
Kier is working with employers in its supply chain, local authorities and charities to provide training and work experience for care leavers, ex-offenders and other under-represented groups in order to fill local, construction-industry skills gaps across the country....
A partnership of 12 colleges and universities in West Yorkshire that offers enhanced support and various programmes to care leavers on their 'student journey' from school to higher education and into work. The PartnershipGo Higher West Yorkshire (GHWY) is a regional...
Making care leavers exempt from essential course costs and supporting them with essential uniform and kit
We Salford City College will demonstrate our commitment to the care leaver covenant through the following actions:
• Providing a dedicated member of staff who will liaise with the high schools and support care leavers from pre- enrolment to completion/ progression;
• Ensuring care leavers have a priority status in decisions about access to services or support including counselling, careers, support services etc;
• Making care leavers exempt from certain course costs and supporting them financially with additional costs for equipment, uniforms, kits, travel, College meals and College trips;
• Ensuring regular meetings are held with the neighboring Local Authorities to ensure care leavers are monitored, any concerns identified and appropriate joint action/support is put in place.
• Working closely with the University of Salford who provide a mentoring programme for the College care leavers to assist with the progression into HE;
• Providing care leavers with opportunities to enter the world of work, including through providing a certain number of work experience placements, internships, traineeships and apprenticeships;
• Providing care leavers with additional support by ensuring that care leavers are supported closely through the Progression Team and Personal Tutor system;
• Providing care leavers with opportunities for personal development including guaranteeing care leavers a place on the National Citizenship Programme or Duke of Edinburgh Award;
• Providing additional support to help meet the costs of living independently at a young age such as help with living costs through the hardship fund;
• Providing care leavers with opportunities to broaden their horizons/experience new things through the College enrichment programme including sports activities; driving theory lessons, free or discounted tickets for arts and cultural events;
• Working with other agencies across the City through the Greater Manchester Care Leaver Committee ensure that care leavers across the City have their achievements celebrated at an annual event.
Taking Up This Offer
If you interested in this opportunity please contact us through
or if you would like more information: www.salfordcc.ac.uk/salfordcitycollegestudentservices/info-care-leavers/