Featured Signatory Offer Details
University of Bath
How we’ve come to collaborate with leading care leaver charities and other voluntary organisations across the country. Organisations that sign up to the Covenant make ‘offers’ of support relating to education, employment, training, housing, security, health, financial...
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, in partnership with Haringey Young Adults Service, is offering a series of ‘independent living workshops’ to prepare care leavers for life as tenants. Tottenham Hotspur Foundation Since 2006, Tottenham Hotspur Foundation has been the...
St Basils promotes best practice in leaving care and offers a range of services to help care leavers with accommodation, skills training, housing crisis management and personal-and-social development. Background St Basils is the largest agency in the West Midlands...
ENGIE contacted job centres, local schools & colleges in the Stockport area where we are working on Elisabeth Gardens to work collaboratively with Engie on a number of initiatives.
This film is brought to you by LifeSkills created with Barclays, in conjunction with City of Wolverhampton Children and Young People’s Service.
This is a short animation which depicts the care journey of our first Care Leaver Covenant ambassador. Told through Ryan’s eyes, this narrative charts his route through care, detailing some of his difficulties – the ups and downs, but also what it means to have a...
Pure Insight is a charity, working alongside leaving care teams in Stockport, Trafford and Cheshire East, to provide networking, mentoring, parental support, mental-health support, and a range of other support services for care leavers. BackgroundPure Insight was...
Partners Barnardo’s and Saint-Gobain, supported by Barking & Dagenham College and Phoenix Housing, are offering care leavers a ‘dry-lining’ traineeship programme to help fill skills gaps for construction employers. BackgroundBarnardo’s is the UK’s...
Kier is working with employers in its supply chain, local authorities and charities to provide training and work experience for care leavers, ex-offenders and other under-represented groups in order to fill local, construction-industry skills gaps across the country....
A partnership of 12 colleges and universities in West Yorkshire that offers enhanced support and various programmes to care leavers on their 'student journey' from school to higher education and into work. The PartnershipGo Higher West Yorkshire (GHWY) is a regional...
– All WP campus events are open to Looked After Students plus bespoke events can be arranged.
– A range of workshops and talks also on offer to schools across the South West region, delivered by the Be Ready team. These can be adapted to meet the needs of Looked After Students on request.
– Offer attendance and Information, Advice & Guidance at Careers Fairs across the region for Looked After Students.
– Further details available on the website: www.bath.ac.uk
2. Admissions Progression Team:
– Dedicated e-mail address and team within Undergraduate Admissions for Care Leavers to gain bespoke advice about applying to Bath and support with the UCAS application process.
– Care Leaver status is taken into careful consideration as part of our contextual admissions process (www.bath.ac.uk/guides/understanding-contextual-admissions-for-undergraduate-applicants/). Care leavers are shown flexibility at the offer-making and results-confirming stages, and their applications are given thorough and individualised consideration from our Admissions Progression Team.
– Mitigating circumstances form available for applicants (www.bath.ac.uk/guides/understanding-mitigating-circumstances-for-undergraduate-applicants/), including care leavers, to complete to make sure that we are aware of and take into consideration any particular disruption to study.
– If a Care Leaver receives an offer from Bath, their offer is followed by an e-mail with information about support from our Admissions Progression Team and also information about the support available to our current students who have progressed from a Care Leaver background.
– Applicant travel bursary in order to refund the travel costs to an undergraduate interview or Applicant Visit Day up to a maximum £100.
3. Student Services:
UK undergraduate students who are Care Leavers can access:
– A non-repayable bursary of £1,000 per academic year plus £1,000 to help with start-up costs and a further £1,000 on graduation – a maximum of £7,000 over a 5-year programme including placement.
– Eligibility for the University’s Bath Bursary (currently £3,000 per academic
year) or Gold Scholarship (currently £5,000 per academic year).
– Access to live in University student accommodation for 365 days a year for the duration
of their course.
– A single named contact within the Student Services team who will provide specialist
advice on their circumstances and transition, and provide advice & guidance throughout
their time at Bath, including referrals to internal services for additional support, e.g.
Accommodation, Careers, Academic Skills, Disability, Wellbeing, and Counselling &
Mental Health. This includes a minimum of two check-in meetings per year to discuss
progression and specialist input as required.
– Acting as an advocate or liaison with local authority Leaving Care teams to ensure
joined-up and consistent approaches to support.
– Signposting to external organisations for specialist advice & guidance.
– Access to a Peer Mentor, a returning student to assist with 1st year transition to university
– Opportunities to feedback and help develop the University’s support package for care
leavers, including focus groups.
– Distribute information to staff across the University on how best to support care leavers.
– University has NNECL membership and staff engage with conferences and training in
order to maintain best practice in relation to support care leavers.
2. A Robust Employment Offer
Personalised support with a Careers Adviser, offering 1:1 support throughout their time
– Signposted specific internships and placements that are Care Leaver eligible.
– Ongoing post-graduation Careers advice and support.
– Support in accessing Bath-specific networks of graduates and employers.
We commit to reviewing our Covenant commitment and will update this pillar in due course.
Taking Up This Offer
If you are interested in any of these workshops please contact