Featured Signatory Offer Details
University of Winchester
How we’ve come to collaborate with leading care leaver charities and other voluntary organisations across the country. Organisations that sign up to the Covenant make ‘offers’ of support relating to education, employment, training, housing, security, health, financial...
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, in partnership with Haringey Young Adults Service, is offering a series of ‘independent living workshops’ to prepare care leavers for life as tenants. Tottenham Hotspur Foundation Since 2006, Tottenham Hotspur Foundation has been the...
St Basils promotes best practice in leaving care and offers a range of services to help care leavers with accommodation, skills training, housing crisis management and personal-and-social development. Background St Basils is the largest agency in the West Midlands...
ENGIE contacted job centres, local schools & colleges in the Stockport area where we are working on Elisabeth Gardens to work collaboratively with Engie on a number of initiatives.
This film is brought to you by LifeSkills created with Barclays, in conjunction with City of Wolverhampton Children and Young People’s Service.
This is a short animation which depicts the care journey of our first Care Leaver Covenant ambassador. Told through Ryan’s eyes, this narrative charts his route through care, detailing some of his difficulties – the ups and downs, but also what it means to have a...
Pure Insight is a charity, working alongside leaving care teams in Stockport, Trafford and Cheshire East, to provide networking, mentoring, parental support, mental-health support, and a range of other support services for care leavers. BackgroundPure Insight was...
Partners Barnardo’s and Saint-Gobain, supported by Barking & Dagenham College and Phoenix Housing, are offering care leavers a ‘dry-lining’ traineeship programme to help fill skills gaps for construction employers. BackgroundBarnardo’s is the UK’s...
Kier is working with employers in its supply chain, local authorities and charities to provide training and work experience for care leavers, ex-offenders and other under-represented groups in order to fill local, construction-industry skills gaps across the country....
A partnership of 12 colleges and universities in West Yorkshire that offers enhanced support and various programmes to care leavers on their 'student journey' from school to higher education and into work. The PartnershipGo Higher West Yorkshire (GHWY) is a regional...
The University of Winchester will continue to work closely with Hampshire Children’s Services, Hampshire Virtual School and Hampshire Fostering Network, alongside other local organisations
We the University of Winchester will demonstrate our commitment to the Care Leaver Covenant through the following actions:
• Continue to work closely with Hampshire Children’s Services, Hampshire Virtual School and Hampshire Fostering Network, alongside other local organisations; to support raining conferences and award ceremonies enabling social workers and foster carers to support the educational progression of their care experienced young people
• Deliver residential and day/weekend/evening events to raise aspirations and self-belief, giving young people from care background better understanding of progression routes to FE and HE
• Prioritise care experienced young people within our target school outreach programme
• Through the Compact Agreement in partnership with Hampshire Children’s Services, provide care leaver applicants additional credit for achievement in areas of experience other than the ones measured through usual examinations. This recognises the fact that many young people in the care system experience disruption to their education through no fault of their own, and that as a result their educational qualifications may not fully reflect their potential to succeed at university
• Provide financial support to care leavers studying at the University of Winchester through the Kind Alfred Scholarship, which is currently a cash bursary of £2000 per year, plus an additional £100 on completion of their course in the final year of study/
• Provide support with housing agreements, including extending the university accommodation housing contract to include the holiday periods, if required. In addition, if living hall of residence, a £75 catering card when they first move in.
• Providing care leavers, the opportunity of accessing paid work as Higher Education Ambassadors, developing their CV whilst acting as role models to young people from under-represented backgrounds on widening participation outreach
• Support for care leavers in the application/pre-enrolment stage and additional pastoral support throughout the student life cycle through a designated student advisor who offers information and one-to-one advice and guidance
• Where possible, to provide financial support for care leavers to take up driving lessons and tests, as the ability to drive is often an essential employment criterion.
• Where possible to provide a support package to Care Leavers through the Employability Fund, enabling them to access volunteering, internship and work experiences opportunities through financial support and by funding the cost of a DBS for those students taking the accredited volunteering module.
• Support the National Network for the education of Care Leavers, a national network of organisations that seeks to connect, inform, support and champion practitioners that support the educational progression of children un care and care leavers as it transitions to become an independent charity
If you interested in this opportunity please contact us through
or if you would like more information: propel.org.uk/Details/the-university-of-winchester?subject=drama
Taking Up This Offer
For more information: propel.org.uk/Details/the-university-of-winchester?subject=drama