Featured Signatory Offer Details
West Suffolk College
How we’ve come to collaborate with leading care leaver charities and other voluntary organisations across the country. Organisations that sign up to the Covenant make ‘offers’ of support relating to education, employment, training, housing, security, health, financial...
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, in partnership with Haringey Young Adults Service, is offering a series of ‘independent living workshops’ to prepare care leavers for life as tenants. Tottenham Hotspur Foundation Since 2006, Tottenham Hotspur Foundation has been the...
St Basils promotes best practice in leaving care and offers a range of services to help care leavers with accommodation, skills training, housing crisis management and personal-and-social development. Background St Basils is the largest agency in the West Midlands...
ENGIE contacted job centres, local schools & colleges in the Stockport area where we are working on Elisabeth Gardens to work collaboratively with Engie on a number of initiatives.
This film is brought to you by LifeSkills created with Barclays, in conjunction with City of Wolverhampton Children and Young People’s Service.
This is a short animation which depicts the care journey of our first Care Leaver Covenant ambassador. Told through Ryan’s eyes, this narrative charts his route through care, detailing some of his difficulties – the ups and downs, but also what it means to have a...
Pure Insight is a charity, working alongside leaving care teams in Stockport, Trafford and Cheshire East, to provide networking, mentoring, parental support, mental-health support, and a range of other support services for care leavers. BackgroundPure Insight was...
Partners Barnardo’s and Saint-Gobain, supported by Barking & Dagenham College and Phoenix Housing, are offering care leavers a ‘dry-lining’ traineeship programme to help fill skills gaps for construction employers. BackgroundBarnardo’s is the UK’s...
Kier is working with employers in its supply chain, local authorities and charities to provide training and work experience for care leavers, ex-offenders and other under-represented groups in order to fill local, construction-industry skills gaps across the country....
A partnership of 12 colleges and universities in West Yorkshire that offers enhanced support and various programmes to care leavers on their 'student journey' from school to higher education and into work. The PartnershipGo Higher West Yorkshire (GHWY) is a regional...
A bursary scheme made accessible to our Children in Care by informing Social Work Teams when the application stage is open. We support our care leavers with applying for funding and assist them with meals at lunch time, stationary, course equipment and uniform and travel expenses
West Suffolk College will demonstrate our commitment to the care leaver covenant through the following actions:
• Excellent transition plans and programmes to ensure the smooth transition into college. This includes visits to the College, taster days, open events, and tours either one to one or in small groups.
• A named member of College staff (Student Welfare Manager) responsible for the welfare, monitoring and progress of Children in Care. This includes termly reporting to our internal Safeguarding Board which is governor led.
• A dedicated leaflet given to social work teams detailing our support for Children in Care pre-entry.
• Close liaison and termly monitoring in conjunction with the relevant Local Education Authority. This includes attending any necessary meetings to support our Care Leavers.
• An impartial Careers Guidance service that will support care leavers with application to College, transition to further courses and progression to University.
• A bursary scheme made accessible to our Children in Care by informing Social Work Teams when the application stage is open. We support our care leavers with applying for funding and assist them with meals at lunch time, stationary, course equipment and uniform and travel expenses.
• A dedicated area of our website detailing support for Care Leavers.
• A ‘wrap around’ support service in College which includes, tutors, personal support tutors, guidance staff, welfare staff, learning support and SEN support.
• The option for Care Leavers to celebrate achievement each year as directed by them.
Taking Up This Offer