Featured Signatory Offer Details
West Suffolk College
A bursary scheme made accessible to our Children in Care by informing Social Work Teams when the application stage is open. We support our care leavers with applying for funding and assist them with meals at lunch time, stationary, course equipment and uniform and travel expenses
West Suffolk College will demonstrate our commitment to the care leaver covenant through the following actions:
• Excellent transition plans and programmes to ensure the smooth transition into college. This includes visits to the College, taster days, open events, and tours either one to one or in small groups.
• A named member of College staff (Student Welfare Manager) responsible for the welfare, monitoring and progress of Children in Care. This includes termly reporting to our internal Safeguarding Board which is governor led.
• A dedicated leaflet given to social work teams detailing our support for Children in Care pre-entry.
• Close liaison and termly monitoring in conjunction with the relevant Local Education Authority. This includes attending any necessary meetings to support our Care Leavers.
• An impartial Careers Guidance service that will support care leavers with application to College, transition to further courses and progression to University.
• A bursary scheme made accessible to our Children in Care by informing Social Work Teams when the application stage is open. We support our care leavers with applying for funding and assist them with meals at lunch time, stationary, course equipment and uniform and travel expenses.
• A dedicated area of our website detailing support for Care Leavers.
• A ‘wrap around’ support service in College which includes, tutors, personal support tutors, guidance staff, welfare staff, learning support and SEN support.
• The option for Care Leavers to celebrate achievement each year as directed by them.
Taking Up This Offer