Our statement of intent as a signatory of the Care Leaver Covenant is to support up to 5 care experienced young people to gain access to employment or one of our early careers programmes at Mace.
Our opportunities are detailed below:
- Employment Opportunities Mace employs over 3,500 people across the UK business and over 7,000 people across the world. Care Leavers can access employment opportunities through our website: https://careers.macegroup.com/current-vacancies.
At Mace, we offer a wide range of roles, including but not exclusive to the below disciplines:
- Project management
- Construction management
- Cost and Commercial Management (Quantity Surveying)
- Architecture and Design
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Project Controls
- Procurement Managers
- Building Surveying
- Data and Digital Managers
- Risk Management
- Facilities Management
- Strategic Advisory
The Mace Apprenticeship programme provides the opportunity to gain a level 3 plus qualification and earn a salary at the same time.
People participating in a Mace Apprenticeship programme will study on a part time basis for a fully funded qualification while working in a supported environment gaining hands-on experience. The Level of qualification attained will depend on the role being applied for, the levels range from
Level 3 (A Level or equivalent) through to Level 6 (degree-level). Main features of the programme are:
- Applications are open to school and college leavers.
- Programme start in early September.
- Programme duration is four years (plus an extra year of study if degree-level)
- Qualifications gained range from Level 3 to Level 6 (degree-level) academic qualification.
- Professional membership with industry bodies, and support in obtaining a professional qualification (dependent on role)
To join our Apprenticeship Programme, you will need:
- Five GCSEs grade 4/C or above including Math’s and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- 96 UCAS points (some programmes may require a higher number of UCAS points depending on the role you’re applying for)
- Additional requirements may vary depending on the role you are applying for – for some roles, you may need GCSEs or A Levels in a particular subject area.
- Graduate Development Programme
Mace offers a range of Graduate roles, each specifically designed to help graduates accomplish their career goals. The mix of training and on-the-job experience will allow participants to grow their professional skill set, whilst working on live projects. Other features of this programme are:
- Applications are open to Undergraduates in their final year of university or recent Graduates.
- Two-year Programme starting in early September.
- Alongside a structured training programme, our in-house professionals will help participants work towards their chosen professional qualification and membership (dependent on role).
To join our Graduate Programme, you will need:
- GCSE Maths and English grade 4/C or above (or equivalent qualifications).
- Additional requirements may vary depending on the role you are applying for – for some roles, you may need a degree in a particular subject area.
- Undergraduate Placement Programmes
At Mace, placements are a great way to understand which opportunities and roles are best for you. We offer two pathways on our Undergraduate Programmes:
Summer Placements Our Summer Placements are the perfect way to get a real taster of working in the industry.
- Applications open to first, second or penultimate year undergraduates.
- 10-week programme running from June through to September.
- Successful placements will have the opportunity to be considered to return on another placement or our Graduate Programme.
For undergraduates who want to make their year in industry count, our Industrial Placement is an excellent way to get an ‘all-access’ experience to prepare for the final year at university. Features include:
- Applications are open to undergraduates in their penultimate year of study on a sandwich degree course.
- 12-month programmes starting at the end of June.
- Successful placements will have the opportunity to accelerate onto the Graduate Programme.
To join our Undergraduate Placement Programmes, you will need:
- Maths and English grade 4/C or above (or equivalent qualifications) and be studying for a degree. Additional requirements may vary depending on the role you are applying for – for some roles, you may need a degree in a particular subject area.
- T Level Placements
Mace support T –Level placements and are keen to offer T Level placements nationally across our offices and projects. We will work with the CLC identify to identify T Level placements for care experienced young people enrolled with a college for a Construction industry related T Level qualification. We are working with the DfE and our project teams to identify regional opportunities with local colleges. Mace are a T Level Ambassador employer.
- Mentor Support
As part of our commitment as a care leaver friendly employer, we would like to ensure that care leavers who are thinking of joining our business have access to a mentor. Mace will identify employee mentors who can provide mentoring support through our employee volunteering programme.
We will work with the CLC and our Talent and Development team to train, brief and support the Mentors identified so that they are confident in supporting care experienced young people. This includes providing briefing sessions for the mentors about the employment and early career programmes available to increase knowledge and awareness of the eligibility criteria for these programmes.
We will identify Mentors from Q1 of 2023, The Employee Volunteering team will be the main contact team for this initiative – firstname.lastname@example.org and Jennifer.email@example.com