Tuckers Solicitors LLP are a Care Leaver Covenant friendly legal firm. Tuckers have committed to engaging in advocacy for care leavers. They are offering a package of support including legal representation and seminars offering practical guidance to care leavers and the professionals involved in supporting them to ensure a full awareness of legal rights
Approx 75,000 children are in care in England
Young people leaving care are better prepared and supported to live independently
75% of cared-for children are fostered; the remaining 25% are in residential care
They have improved access to employment, education and training
A huge 40% of all care leavers aged 19-21yrs in England are not in employment, education or training
Care leavers experience stability in their lives and feel safe and secure
7% of children in care gain entry to university
Their access to health and emotional support is improved
20% of young homeless people have previously been in care
They can achieve financial stability
- APPROX 70,000CHILDREN ARE IN CARE IN ENGLAND – Coram. 2018. Public attitudes to children in care results from a national survey. Can be found HERE.
- A HUGE 40% OF ALL CARE LEAVERS AGED 19-21YRS IN ENGLAND ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENT, EDUCATION OR TRAINING – DfE, National Statistics. 2017. Children looked after in England (including adoption), year ending 31 march 2017. Can be found HERE.
- 75% OF CARED-FOR CHILDREN ARE FOSTERED; THE REMAINING 25% ARE IN RESIDENTIAL CARE. Narey, M and Owers, M 2018. Foster care in England. Review for the Department for Education. DfE. Can be found HERE.
- ONLY 7% OF CHILDREN IN CARE GAIN ENTRY TO UNIVERSITY – DfE. 2012. Outcomes for Children Looked After by Local Authorities in England: as at 31March 2012. DfE;
DfE. 2015. Children looked after in England (including adoption and care leavers) year ending 31 March 2015. DfE. Can be found HERE.
- 20% OF YOUNG HOMELESS PEOPLE HAVE PREVIOUSLY BEEN IN CARE. Homeless link research team. 2018. Young and homeless 2018. Can be found HERE.