Metrobank Financial Education Sessions
As a signatory of the Care Leaver Covenant, Metro Bank are committed to helping care experience young people improve their financial outcomes.
One of the ways in which we will support care leavers is by our Care Leavers Financial Education Sessions. These sessions will provide you with useful tips on money matters.
The 3 Financial Education Sessions will cover:
Introduction to Financial Education
- Introduction to banking
- Types of accounts and what they are used for
- How to budget effectively
- How to keep yourself safe online
Lending and Debt Awareness/ Management
- What is lending v borrowing and how can lending help an individual
- Differences between good and bad debt
- What are the different types of lending available?
- What is a Credit Score and how can you improve it?
- How do banks assess affordability and help during financial difficulty
- How to prevent financial difficulty and the support available to those in debt?
- What are the different types of mortgages available?
- Top tips for saving your money
- An overview of the government schemes
- What does the mortgage process look like?
Each session will take place online. For joining instructions please see the taking up this offer section below.
Care Leaver Comments from Past Sessions
“Just great and wasn’t boring.”
“This session was very enlightening I took away lots of notes and new knowledge. it’s really helped me to understand the importance of financial awareness and what that looks like in terms of on a daily basis.”
“It was good to know about the different ways of finding out what your credit is!”
“Was very well structured and informative. Definitely understand this topic a lot more.”
“Very detailed I learnt a lot.”