G4S is the leading global, integrated security company. As part of our commitment to the Covenant, we will offer employment and training opportunities to care leaver across England, including:
- Live vacancies advertised via Care Leaver Covenant Connects and local/regional signatory charity, as agreed with the CLC team.
- Guaranteed interview scheme for Care Leavers completing SWAPS (Sector Based Work Academy Programmes into Security). This will be delivered in-person and includes fully paid, job role relevant, SIA licensing training and licence.
Access G4’s careers portal here:
Your journey into employment with G4S:
- CLC refer candidates to G4S contact for SWAP
- SWAP provider conducts candidate attraction. Participant from CLC attends
- Customer Service Course commences
- Candidates are submitted for interview and will be invited by G4S
- Provider Course continues with SIA delivery
- Candidate Reference checks completed
- Vetting started and completed
- Candidate starts Work
- Care Leavers will have a dedicated recruiter to support and guide through application, pre- and post-interview process including screening & vetting
- Dedicated first day Induction session for new starters who are care leavers incl. payroll/benefits/travel/L&D/company processes etc
- We encourage candidates to join the apprenticeship scheme as soon as possible after joining G4S.
In addition, you’ll get access to:
- Inclusive Learning & Development and G4S L&D opportunities
- A phased approach to full time working during induction phase (paid pro rata) which will be added into their contract
- Full access to the G4S Perks at Works and WeCare Employee Assistance programmes, including access to a new starter loan of one week’s salary
- Buddy scheme that links with experienced staff members for ongoing support
- On-going pastoral support sessions via their dedicated line management team
- Access to Mentoring, part of wider scheme from G4S