Merlin Entertainments (“Merlin” or “the Company”), a global leader in location-based entertainment with attractions such as LEGOLAND®, Alton Towers, Madame Tussauds and Thorpe Park is a signatory of the Care Leaver Covenant.
The Care Leaver Covenant is a national inclusion programme designed to support care leavers aged 16-25 to live independently. The Covenant is made up of private, public, and voluntary sectors who have made various pledges of support which aim to provide additional support for those leaving the UK’s care system. The support and expertise offered by the businesses include practical things such as free data for mobiles or laptops, through to wider mentoring or jobs creation, and are all additional to the statutory support provided by local authorities.
To demonstrate full support for the programme, Merlin Entertainments, [known for their popular attractions throughout the UK], have created a dedicated programme for the Care Leaver Covenant entitled ‘Merlin Illuminate’ which includes pledges such as:
- Support with interviews and practical feedback if they are unsuccessful
- A range of virtual events – to offer to the care leavers network hints and tips on CVs, career development and downloadable tips and toolkit
- Discounted and tickets to win for Care Leavers for Merlin UK attractions – which will be run through the Care Leavers Covenant app
- A Merlin illuminate podcast series – to give practical ideas on interviews and CV creation
- Illuminate Mentor Day – a hosted annual event and a dedicated ‘Light-up’ moment at their iconic attractions including the London Eye and the Blackpool Tower
- Illuminate cultural work experience across some of Merlin attractions at their cultural key events such as Blackpool Illuminations ‘Switch On’ in the Tower