We Oaklands College will demonstrate our commitment to the care leaver covenant through the following actions:
- Giving care leavers priority status in decisions about access to services or support.
- Ensuring close partnership working with the Virtual School to provide cohesive and holistic support.
- Ensuring care leavers have information and support to access their bursary and provide additional support to reduce any barriers to learning.
- Ensuring care leavers are allocated support from our high support risk Adviser so progress is closely monitored and early support can be identified and provided.
- Providing care leavers with opportunities to enter the world of work, through work experience placements.
- Providing care leavers with additional welfare support through access to an allocated link Student Adviser.
- Providing additional support to help meet the costs of living independently at a young age, such as help with IT equipment.
- Providing care leavers with opportunities to broaden their horizons/experience new things though the ‘Outside the Box’ activities and events calendar.
- Ensure effective communication and timely interventions when required ensuring care leavers stay academically on track and achieve their full potential.