We are a not-for-profit organisation that is focused on supporting children and young people to live safe, happy, healthy and successful lives. Our owners are Richmond and Kingston Councils, and we deliver their children’s services for them,
All Care Leavers 16-25 are supported by a specialist Leaving Care Team and the Virtual College, which provides educational pathways, interventions to support learning, careers advice, training for education and business colleagues and leads the Care Leaver Recruitment Scheme.
This is a summary of our commitments:
- No council tax 18-25.
- Appropriate housing and financial assistance.
- Training in exploitation and safeguarding work.
- Contributing to local decision making through platforms and forums such as MySay App, the Children in Care Council and the Care Leavers Hub.
- Care Leavers can access a range of tailored workshops covering a variety of topics: careers guidance, employment skills, preparing for college or university, healthy relationships and personal finance.
- We offer apprenticeships, traineeships, work experience and jobs within the Council – a ‘family firm’ offer that means Care Leavers will have their health and wellbeing supported as a priority.