The JOBS Project is a 10 week blended learning programme developed by Barnardo’s working with Amazon, providing young people with face-to-face sessions as well as online ‘working from home’ time where they can develop personal and professional skills for life. It is a learner led programme that focusses on young people gaining knowledge about lifestyle, routine, budgeting, and the benefits of working. Young people will have the opportunity to interview with Amazon and will be supported by The JOBS Project team at each step along the way.
To date the project has a 100% success rate with young people securing employment and sustaining this for 3 months. We are keen to highlight that enrolling onto the programme opens doors to Amazon and further afield as young people have also been supported into retail roles and apprenticeships that suit their needs. Dedicated support is provided to enable a young person to find their individual positive destination. This project will develop confidence and skills in young people and also includes:
- Travel and food expenses reimbursed (local travel prices considered)
- Guaranteed interview with Amazon*
- One-to-one mentoring
- Exploration of target and goals setting skills
- Effective employability skills workshops
- Confidence building sessions tailored to the group needs
- Finance and accommodation information
- Amazon site tour
- Step by step guidance and mentoring
- Opportunities for peer work and development of team building skills
- Much more!
*based on attendance and commitment on programme.