If you’re a care leaver who successfully completes the Jobs Project and take up a role at Amazon, you could be eligible for the Amazon Springboard Fund. The following list contains examples of some of the things you can use the fund on. If you have questions about the fund, the Amazon team will be able to answer those as part of your application process.
- Digital and Data packages including laptop (access to learning), data (WiFi, dongles)
- Food and Care packages
- Travel costs within the first 6 weeks of employment
- ID documents
- Clothing associated with work.
- Theory or Driving tests
- Miscellaneous – other identfied needs creatng barriers to finding employment
The JOBS Projects now runs at multiple sites across the country and throughout the year!
The JOBS Project is an 8-10 week blended learning programme for 18-29 care leavers and young people, developed by Barnardo’s working with Amazon. Young people participate in engaging face-to-face sessions as well as online ‘working from home’ opportunities. As a learner-led programme that focusses on young people gaining knowledge about working life, lifestyle, routine, budgeting, and the benefits of working, there is a key focus on developing personal and professional skills for life. There is an opportunity to interview with Amazon, or support towards employment f choice that will be supported by The JOBS Project team each step of the way.
Enrolling onto the programme has opened doors into Amazon, retail, apprenticeships or education that suits individual needs. The dedicated support enables a young person to find what the need as well as develop confidence and skills. Added features of the project include:
- Reimbursement of travel and food expenses (local travel prices considered)
- Guaranteed interview with Amazon*
- One-to-one mentoring
- Exploration of target and goals setting skills
- Effective employability skills workshops
- Confidence building sessions tailored to group needs
- Finance and accommodation information
- Amazon site tour
PLUS much more!
*Based on attendance and commitment on programme.*
We have had some great success which is why we have been able to expand our sites across the country. Why not find out for yourself?