EMCOR UK are the leading authority in high-performance, sustainable facilities, asset and workplace management in the UK. It provides a range of services to industry sectors including life sciences, defence, nuclear, hi-tech manufacturing and central government.
These services include Asset Maintenance, Catering, Cleaning, Security, Environmental, Grounds Maintenance and more. For a full list of services delivered, please click here.
EMCOR UK is committed to driving social mobility whilst being an inclusive employer. We commit to supporting care leavers by providing access to pre-employment training, apprenticeships and employment opportunities within our business.
- Pre-employment Training to commence in January 2023 and initially, run every three months thereafter (subject to achieving a minimum cohort of 6 participants).
- 1-Day offer consisting of (ideally Face to Face; but can deliver virtually):
- Careers within FM: to a cohort of participants
- 1-2 E-learning modules relevant to FM to a cohort of participants
- Recruitment support: Q&A with a cohort & their application
- Mock Interviews
- Activity – to observe behaviours and key skills i.e. Communication
- Tailored offer of support (subject to all parties approval)
- 1-2 weeks Work experience, subject to site availability/clearance
- Mentoring: 4 x 30 minute sessions per candidate
- Guaranteed interview for those who complete the work experience or mentoring.
- Employment: as listed on the Care Leavers Website
- Employment Opportunities
To be eligible for this programme, you must be a Care Leaver; for pre-employment training, you must live local to where the employment opportunity exists.
Requirements/ Key Considerations:
- For pre-employment training, which can be delivered virtually. You will need access to a computer, the Internet and have basic Word and Email skills.
- Work experience:
- Reasonable travel expenses will be paid/reimbursed.
- Any PPE will be provided
- Depending on the sector we may need to carry out a security check to ensure compliance with our customer’s site operations.
- In order to prove your ‘right to work’ status, please ensure that you have the relevant documentation/ID such as your passport/National Insurance etc to confirm your immigration status.