A 12-week programme, TURN OUT, supporting care leavers achieve success in gaining employment, education or training. The crucial element of the programme is you, therefore we create a space together for guided discovery of your strengths, aspirations, support network and role models to help reach your goals. New cohorts starting March 2023.
This programme runs over 3 blocks of 4 weeks taking place at Kirklees Council Leaving Care Team bases in Huddersfield, Number 11, and Dewsbury, Number 12.
Week 1 – Defence
- Breaking down barriers for engaging people in new environments
- Setting expectations for the programme
Week 2 – Midfield
- Role modelling
- Support networks
- Self-reflection on personal skills and qualities
Week 3 – Attack
- Building social networking with local community organisations
- C&K Careers:
- Works Better (CV planning, interview preparation and career guidance,)
- Positive Minds (Mental Well-being).
We understand the road is not always a straight line. So, during our time together we identify some of the hurdles faced and come up with solutions to overcome them. We believe authenticity is key to pursuing meaningful activities in life and use reflection as a tool to build awareness of our helpful and hindering thoughts and feelings.
In addition to:
- Match day tickets
- Free weekly lunch provided
- Cooking classes, led by Football Performance Head Chefs and qualified Nutritionists.