The Young Lives Foundation (YLF) is an award winning independent children’s charity with expertise in Advocacy, Mentoring, Befriending and Activity Programmes.
We believe that every young person in need should have access to the resources and opportunities needed for them to achieve their potential and lead fulfilled lives.
We have signed up to the Care Leaver Covenant as we are committed to ensuring care experienced people are given opportunities to flourish by:
- Employing at least 2 care experienced apprentices in the coming 12 months
- Advertising all paid and voluntary roles to care leavers via local authority care leavers teams
- Include a statement online and on application forms stating we welcome applicants from care experienced people
- Continue to offer work experience opportunities
- Continue applying for hardship grants for care experienced people to support their education, employment opportunities (£4,000 granted in 2022 so far)
- Provide volunteer mentors from the community to support care leavers with life skill development, reduce isolation and sustain tenancies
- Watch our language, make sure we use appropriate language, both written and verbal to avoid unconscious stigma