Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is situated on the west coast of Lancashire and delivers health care in Lancashire and South Cumbria for a population of 1.6 million. It provides a full range of hospital services and community health services these include adult and children’s services such as health visiting, community nursing, sexual health services and family planning and palliative care. The trust also provides tertiary cardiac, haematology and adult cystic fibrosis services to a catchment area covering Lancashire and South Cumbria.
The trust can offer the following support to care leavers interested in a career in the Health Sector:
- Introduction to the sector and organisation – Sector or subject specialist advice and guidance for anybody interested in a career at the Trust.
- Application guidance sessions – The Recruitment and/or Workforce Education Team will host application guidance sessions to support individuals (or groups) with the application process and helping to improve the standard of application submitted. The teams is also happy to support any general questions that Care Leavers may have on this subject.
- Mock interview support sessions – Mock interviews for groups of individuals who require this support. Depending on the Trust COVID status at the time, this can be face to face in our workplace environment or via Microsoft Teams (if required).
- Apprenticeship opportunities – All Apprenticeship vacancies can be found on the Trust’s website and social media. Advice and guidance can be given on these vacancies and the Recruitment Team or Workforce Education Team can direct any interested individuals to the Appointing Manager for informal conversations, advice on the Apprenticeship Standard and of course all of the above too.
- Work experience – Once face to face work experience returns at the Trust, Care Leavers can contact the Workforce Education Team and take advantage of work experience. Care Leavers can also gain access to the NW Careers Website, details of which can be provided in due course.
Widening Participation Programmes – The Trust is engaging with local organisations and the Princes Trust and will be providing work experience opportunities via such programmes as we move through 2022 and beyond. Care Leavers can be signposted to these opportunities and if eligible, would be welcome to take part.