As a not-for-profit organisation, TACT puts the needs of our children and carers first and looks to appoint individuals who are as passionate about fostering as we are. We know that we cannot provide exceptional levels of care without our staff which is why we prioritise their wellbeing. As a homeworking organisation, we pride ourselves on our flexible working opportunities, an extensive wellbeing programme and our benefits package, all curated to support a healthy work life balance for all our staff.
As a foster care charity, TACT invests all surplus income into services, staff, carers, and child development. This means that we have been able to invest unique projects like TACT Connect, our ground-breaking scheme for TACT care experienced young people and adults, our expanding TACT Education Service and our new Health Service.
Our decision to become a Care Leaver Friendly Employer comes from the growth of our TACT Connect scheme and our realization that we are perfectly positioned to offer substantially and well supported opportunities to care experienced young people and adults both within TACT Connect and within TACT as a whole.
We aim to:
- Work with the Covenant team to promote appropriate opportunities to the care leaver community through targeted means (including but not limited to the Covenant app, website, social accounts).
- Create a Special Point of Contact at our organisation who care leavers can contact – for guidance – before, during and after their application process (when applying for a job).
- Offer a guaranteed interview (and constructive feedback) to applicants who identify as care experienced and meet minimum criteria for the role.
- Offer a ‘tick box’ within our application forms or ATS to track progress of care leaver applicants
- Encourage recruitment vendors/partners to also adopt these tracking principles and share care leaver applicant progress with us.
- Ensure that processes are in place to encourage a workplace buddy for our care leaver employees to provide informal support and guidance and help in navigating the organization.
- Create and communicate clear boundaries and high expectations for our care leaver employees to ensure their time with us is a growing and challenging one.
- As with all employees we will offer equal opportunities and approach our care leaver employees’ professional challenges with compassion and empathy, recognizing that there may be a high level of disruption in their personal lives.